VPS Hosting Plans Cost Comparison
Compare the features, performance, and cost of various Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting plans and find the best value for your money with our free VPS Hosting Plans Cost Comparison tool, including options for both cheap and high-performance hosting solutions.
|Hostens||Storage VPS - Small||0.5 GB||1||256 GB HDD||2000 GB||$1.20|
|Hostens||Container VPS - Small||2 GB||1||20 GB SSD||2000 GB||$1.20|
|Hostens||Linux VPS - Small||2 GB||1||20 GB SSD||4000 GB||$1.80|
|Hostens||Container VPS - Medium||4 GB||1||40 GB SSD||4000 GB||$2.40|
|Hostens||Storage VPS - Medium||1 GB||1||512 GB HDD||4000 GB||$2.40|
|OVH||Starter||2 GB||1||20 GB SSD||Unmetered||$3.50|
|Hostens||Linux VPS - Medium||4 GB||1||40 GB SSD||8000 GB||$3.60|
|Hostinger||VPS 1||1 GB||1||20 GB SSD||1000 GB||$3.95|
|Ultahost||VPS Basic||1 GB||1||30 GB NVMe||Unlimited||$4.11|
|OVH||Value||2 GB||1||40 GB NVMe||Unmetered||$4.18|
|KnownHost||Entry||1 GB||1||20 GB SSD||1000 GB||$4.25|
|TurnkeyInternet||Custom Cloud VPS||1 GB||1||5 GB SSD||Unmetered||$4.49|
|Hostens||Windows VPS - Small||2 GB||1||40 GB SSD||4000 GB||$4.50|
|Hostens||Container VPS - Large||8 GB||2||80 GB SSD||8000 GB||$4.80|
|Hostens||Storage VPS - Large||2 GB||1||1024 GB HDD||8000 GB||$4.80|
|A2Hosting||Runway 1||1 GB||1||150 GB HDD||2000 GB||$4.99|
|Hostwinds||VPS 1||1 GB||1||30 GB SSD||1000 GB||$4.99|
|TsoHost||VPS 1||2 GB||1||40 GB NVMe||Unlimited||$5.38|
|UK2||V1-20||0.5 GB||1||25 GB SSD||2000 GB||$5.40|
|InterServer||Linux VPS1||2 GB||1||30 GB SSD||1000 GB||$6.00|
|InterServer||Storage VPS1||2 GB||1||1000 GB HDD||1000 GB||$6.00|
|InterServer||Wordpress VPS1||2 GB||1||30 GB SSD||2000 GB||$6.00|
|Hostens||Linux VPS - Large||8 GB||2||80 GB SSD||16000 GB||$7.20|
|Ultahost||VPS Business||2 GB||2||50 GB NVMe||Unlimited||$7.36|
|Hostens||Windows VPS - Medium||4 GB||1||60 GB SSD||8000 GB||$7.50|
|OVH||Essential||4 GB||2||80 GB NVMe||Unmetered||$8.02|
|Hostwinds||Managed VPS 1||1 GB||1||30 GB SSD||1000 GB||$8.24|
|Contabo||VPS S NVMe||8 GB||4||50 GB NVMe||32000 GB||$8.49|
|Contabo||VPS S SSD||8 GB||4||200 GB SSD||32000 GB||$8.49|
|KnownHost||Entry Plus||2 GB||1||40 GB SSD||1000 GB||$8.50|
|Hostinger||VPS 2||2 GB||2||40 GB SSD||2000 GB||$8.95|
|A2Hosting||Runway 2||2 GB||2||250 GB HDD||3000 GB||$8.99|
|Stablehost||VZ 1GB||1 GB||1||40 GB SSD||2000 GB||$9.12|
|TsoHost||VPS 7||4 GB||1||40 GB NVMe||Unlimited||$9.43|
|Namecheap||Pulsar||2 GB||2||40 GB SSD||1000 GB||$9.88|
|ChemiCloud||Cloud VPS 1||4 GB||2||80 GB NVMe||4000 GB||$9.99|
|Hostwinds||VPS 2||2 GB||1||50 GB SSD||2000 GB||$9.99|
|Dreamhost||VPS Basic||1 GB||30 GB SSD||Unlimited||$10.00|
|InterServer||Windows VPS1||2 GB||1||30 GB SSD||2000 GB||$10.00|
|KnownHost||Entry Plus NVMe||2 GB||1||40 GB NVMe||2000 GB||$10.20|
|TsoHost||VPS 2||4 GB||2||100 GB NVMe||Unlimited||$10.78|
|UK2||V2-20||1 GB||2||50 GB SSD||3000 GB||$10.80|
|A2Hosting||Runway 4||4 GB||4||450 GB HDD||4000 GB||$11.99|
|InterServer||Linux VPS2||4 GB||2||60 GB SSD||2000 GB||$12.00|
|InterServer||Storage VPS2||4 GB||2||2000 GB HDD||2000 GB||$12.00|
|InterServer||Wordpress VPS2||4 GB||2||60 GB SSD||4000 GB||$12.00|
|Hostens||Windows VPS - Large||8 GB||2||80 GB SSD||16000 GB||$12.00|
|Ultahost||VPS Professional||4 GB||3||75 GB NVMe||Unlimited||$12.83|
|Hostinger||VPS 3||3 GB||3||60 GB SSD||3000 GB||$12.95|
|TurnkeyInternet||T40 Cloud VPS||4 GB||4||40 GB SSD||Unmetered||$13.49|
What is VPS hosting ?
A virtual private server (VPS) is a type of web hosting in which a physical server is divided into many virtual servers. Each virtual server acts as a dedicated server, giving users access to their own resources, operating system, and root privileges. As a result, VPS hosting is an excellent choice for consumers that require more control and flexibility than shared hosting but do not wish to invest in a dedicated server.
Advantages of VPS hosting
- Dedicated Resources : VPS hosting offers dedicated resources like RAM, CPU, and storage that are not shared with other websites. This ensures that your website functions optimally even during moments of high traffic.
- Customizable : You have complete control over your server environment with VPS hosting. To satisfy your particular requirements, you can install custom software, tweak settings, and alter your server.
- Scalable : VPS hosting allows you to easily scale your resources up or down as your website grows or experiences fluctuations in traffic. This flexibility ensures that you only pay for the resources you need.
- Enhanced Security : VPS hosting offers greater security than shared hosting. Since each VPS is isolated from other VPSs, there is less risk of a security breach affecting multiple websites.
- Cost-effective : VPS hosting is a cost-effective option for websites that require more resources than shared hosting can provide. It provides the benefits of a dedicated server without the high costs associated with it.
Disadvantages of VPS hosting
- Technical Knowledge : VPS hosting requires technical knowledge to set up and manage. If you are not familiar with server administration, you may need to hire a professional to help you manage your VPS.
- Cost : While VPS hosting is more cost-effective than dedicated hosting, it is still more expensive than shared hosting. The cost may be a barrier for smaller websites or businesses.
- Server Maintenance : With VPS hosting, you are responsible for maintaining your server. This includes installing updates, backups, and monitoring your server for security vulnerabilities.
- Limited Resources : While VPS hosting provides dedicated resources, the resources are still limited by the physical server. If other VPSs on the same server are using a lot of resources, it can affect the performance of your website.
- Potential for Downtime : Since VPS hosting relies on a single physical server, there is a risk of downtime if the server experiences hardware failure or other issues.
What Should You Look for in a VPS Hosting Provider?
- SSD : The traditional hard disk storage space will always be bigger and more inexpensive. But a solid-state drive is recommended for a VPS hosting. They are fast at rebooting, the performance is certainly huge and transfer speeds are more than the traditional disks.A faster hard drive is necessary because even if the RAM and CPU are fast you need an equally faster storage drive to service those requests.
- Control Panel : Having the right control panel can make it much easier to manage your server, your websites and any other applications that you run on your VPS. Control panels make it much easier to add websites and mailboxes, configure your firewall, apply security policies and install applications. Look for a provider that not only offers these control panels but which also has a technical team which is trained to give customers support in using them.
- Location :Your website’s files may be saved virtually but computer facilitating this has to have a physical location. It is recommended that you use a VPS in the location where you get the most traffic.
- Support : Technical support is your first line of defence in case anything goes wrong with your website. Good support is essential to ensure that your website remains available at all times.So make sure you purchase a VPS hosting package from a company that offers 24/7 customer support.
- Security : Check the security measures put in place by your hosting provider before signing on. These security measures will keep online threats at bay and protect your website from hacking and malware attacks.
- Backup : It’s important that you backup your website for a worst case scenario situation where your VPS is infected and you lose all your files. Opt for a company that does nightly backups if possible, to ensure you’re always just a step away from full recovery should something happen to your data.
- Understand restrictions : Often when web hosts offer “unlimited” bandwidth or storage, you might not get as much as you expected. Understand exactly what type of infrastructure you will be hosting from and what the capacities are for that specific system. Shady companies may say “unlimited”, but what they really mean is “as much as we can give you”. Also, pay attention to the operating systems and software you will have access too. Some operating systems also have additional fees, so you will need to calculate the costs into your budget.
What Is Managed VPS?
Fully Managed VPS by definition is a virtual private server that lets you take a hands-off approach. Your hosting company will handle the technical side to ensure the VPS provides the functionality and virus and spam protection you need without any work on your part. They’ll also handle maintenance, troubleshooting, and software installs, saving you time and making sure the job is done with expertise.
What Is Unmanaged VPS?
An unmanaged VPS is a self-managed VPS, meaning it’s a virtual private server that a company manages for itself. The hosting company is responsible for providing the VPS, maintaining the hardware, and performing system-level health checks, but the VPS customer performs the rest of the maintenance, monitoring, and changes.
VPS Hosting Price Comparison Table
|HOSTENS||Storage VPS - Small||0.5 GB||1||256 GB||2000 GB||$ 1.20 /pm|
|HOSTENS||Container VPS - Small||2 GB||1||20 GB||2000 GB||$ 1.20 /pm|
|HOSTENS||Linux VPS - Small||2 GB||1||20 GB||4000 GB||$ 1.80 /pm|
|HOSTENS||Container VPS - Medium||4 GB||1||40 GB||4000 GB||$ 2.40 /pm|
|HOSTENS||Storage VPS - Medium||1 GB||1||512 GB||4000 GB||$ 2.40 /pm|
|OVH||Starter||2 GB||1||20 GB||Unmetered||$ 3.50 /pm|
|HOSTENS||Linux VPS - Medium||4 GB||1||40 GB||8000 GB||$ 3.60 /pm|
|HOSTINGER||VPS 1||1 GB||1||20 GB||1000 GB||$ 3.95 /pm|
|ULTAHOST||VPS Basic||1 GB||1||30 GB||Unlimited||$ 4.11 /pm|
|OVH||Value||2 GB||1||40 GB||Unmetered||$ 4.18 /pm|
|KNOWNHOST||Entry||1 GB||1||20 GB||1000 GB||$ 4.25 /pm|
|TURNKEYINTERNET||Custom Cloud VPS||1 GB||1||5 GB||Unmetered||$ 4.49 /pm|
|HOSTENS||Windows VPS - Small||2 GB||1||40 GB||4000 GB||$ 4.50 /pm|
|HOSTENS||Container VPS - Large||8 GB||2||80 GB||8000 GB||$ 4.80 /pm|
|HOSTENS||Storage VPS - Large||2 GB||1||1024 GB||8000 GB||$ 4.80 /pm|
|A2HOSTING||Runway 1||1 GB||1||150 GB||2000 GB||$ 4.99 /pm|
|HOSTWINDS||VPS 1||1 GB||1||30 GB||1000 GB||$ 4.99 /pm|
|TSOHOST||VPS 1||2 GB||1||40 GB||Unlimited||$ 5.38 /pm|
|UK2||V1-20||0.5 GB||1||25 GB||2000 GB||$ 5.4 /pm|
|INTERSERVER||Linux VPS1||2 GB||1||30 GB||1000 GB||$ 6 /pm|
|INTERSERVER||Storage VPS1||2 GB||1||1000 GB||1000 GB||$ 6 /pm|
|INTERSERVER||Wordpress VPS1||2 GB||1||30 GB||2000 GB||$ 6 /pm|
|HOSTENS||Linux VPS - Large||8 GB||2||80 GB||16000 GB||$ 7.20 /pm|
|ULTAHOST||VPS Business||2 GB||2||50 GB||Unlimited||$ 7.36 /pm|
|HOSTENS||Windows VPS - Medium||4 GB||1||60 GB||8000 GB||$ 7.50 /pm|
Frequently Asked Questions
How is VPS hosting different from shared hosting?
In shared hosting, multiple websites share resources on the same physical server, while in VPS hosting, each website or application has its own dedicated resources on a virtual machine.
What are the different types of VPS hosting?
There are two main types of VPS hosting: managed and unmanaged. Managed VPS hosting comes with support and maintenance from the hosting provider, while unmanaged VPS hosting requires the user to handle all technical aspects themselves.
How much server resources do I need for my website or application?
The amount of server resources needed can vary depending on the size and complexity of your website or application, as well as the traffic volume and user activity. Many hosting providers offer different VPS plans with varying amounts of resources to choose from.
Can I upgrade or downgrade my VPS plan?
Most hosting providers allow you to upgrade or downgrade your VPS plan as needed, either by adding or removing resources, or by switching to a different plan.
What operating systems can I use with VPS hosting?
VPS hosting supports a wide range of operating systems, including popular options like Linux and Windows.
What happens if my website or application experiences a surge in traffic?
One of the benefits of VPS hosting is that it can handle higher traffic volumes compared to shared hosting. However, if your website or application experiences a significant surge in traffic, you may need to upgrade your VPS plan or allocate additional resources to handle the load.
Can I use VPS hosting for multiple websites or applications?
Yes, many VPS hosting plans allow you to host multiple websites or applications on the same virtual machine, as long as the resources allocated are sufficient to handle the demands of each site or app.
What is the difference between managed and unmanaged VPS hosting?
Managed VPS hosting comes with support and maintenance from the hosting provider, including tasks such as software updates, security patches, and backups. Unmanaged VPS hosting requires the user to handle these tasks themselves, which can be more flexible but may require more technical expertise.
What is the difference between SSD and HDD storage for VPS hosting?
SSD (solid-state drive) storage is faster and more reliable than traditional HDD (hard disk drive) storage. Many VPS hosting providers offer SSD storage as a premium option or as a standard feature.
What is a snapshot and how can it be used in VPS hosting?
A snapshot is a backup of your VPS server at a specific point in time. Snapshots can be used to restore your server in case of data loss or to create a copy of your server for testing or development purposes.
VPS hosting provides many benefits for websites that require more resources than shared hosting can provide. When choosing a VPS hosting provider, consider factors such as reliability, support, scalability, security, and price. Choosing the right VPS hosting provider can be challenging, but with our VPS hosting price comparison table, you can make an informed decision.