VPS Hosting Plans Cost Comparison - May 2022
If you are searching for hosting which provides more flexibility, more performance and more security then VPS hosting is suitable for you. Compare VPS hosting plans from leading hosting providers.VPS prices and specs vary from a few dollars a month to hundreds, depending on your requirements and your level of expertise. There's a lot of choice out there, but don't panic – our VPS Hosting Plans price comparison tool will point you in the right direction.
What is VPS hosting ?
VPS hosting, is a website hosting environment that allows for resources such as RAM and CPU to be dedicated to your account. This is achieved by virtualizing a Dedicated server and splitting the resources amongst the users on that server.
Advantages of VPS hosting
- Increased Performance
- Greater Control
- Low Cost
- Complete control of your server
- Dedicated Resources
- Fully Managed Services
Disadvantages of VPS hosting
- More expensive than shared hosting:
- Configuring server demands more technical experience
- Misallocation of resources to the server can cause problems during busy periods.
What Is Managed VPS?
Fully Managed VPS by definition is a virtual private server that lets you take a hands-off approach. Your hosting company will handle the technical side to ensure the VPS provides the functionality and virus and spam protection you need without any work on your part. They’ll also handle maintenance, troubleshooting, and software installs, saving you time and making sure the job is done with expertise.
What Is Unmanaged VPS?
An unmanaged VPS is a self-managed VPS, meaning it’s a virtual private server that a company manages for itself. The hosting company is responsible for providing the VPS, maintaining the hardware, and performing system-level health checks, but the VPS customer performs the rest of the maintenance, monitoring, and changes.
What Should You Look for in a VPS Hosting Provider?
- SSD : The traditional hard disk storage space will always be bigger and more inexpensive. But a solid-state drive is recommended for a VPS hosting. They are fast at rebooting, the performance is certainly huge and transfer speeds are more than the traditional disks.A faster hard drive is necessary because even if the RAM and CPU are fast you need an equally faster storage drive to service those requests.
- Control Panel : Having the right control panel can make it much easier to manage your server, your websites and any other applications that you run on your VPS. Control panels make it much easier to add websites and mailboxes, configure your firewall, apply security policies and install applications. Look for a provider that not only offers these control panels but which also has a technical team which is trained to give customers support in using them.
- Location :Your website’s files may be saved virtually but computer facilitating this has to have a physical location. It is recommended that you use a VPS in the location where you get the most traffic.
- Support : Technical support is your first line of defence in case anything goes wrong with your website. Good support is essential to ensure that your website remains available at all times.So make sure you purchase a VPS hosting package from a company that offers 24/7 customer support.
- Security : Check the security measures put in place by your hosting provider before signing on. These security measures will keep online threats at bay and protect your website from hacking and malware attacks.
- Backup : It’s important that you backup your website for a worst case scenario situation where your VPS is infected and you lose all your files. Opt for a company that does nightly backups if possible, to ensure you’re always just a step away from full recovery should something happen to your data.
- Understand restrictions : Often when web hosts offer “unlimited” bandwidth or storage, you might not get as much as you expected. Understand exactly what type of infrastructure you will be hosting from and what the capacities are for that specific system. Shady companies may say “unlimited”, but what they really mean is “as much as we can give you”. Also, pay attention to the operating systems and software you will have access too. Some operating systems also have additional fees, so you will need to calculate the costs into your budget.
Shared Hosting vs Cloud Hosting vs VPS Hosting
When you sign up for
the hosting company will put your website on a server along with hundreds,
if not thousands, of other websites. This means each customer has to share
space and resources on the server with every other customer, including CPU
time, memory, and disk space. Shared hosting is the cheapest option among
all. Unfortunately, your site might have limited bandwidth and will get
slow when there’s a lot of traffic crowding websites on the same server as
Cloud Hosting is fairly similar to VPS hosting, but the main difference is that while VPS relies on physical servers, cloud hosting is based on several interconnected servers spread over a wide geographical area. This allows you to spread your data across these widely distributed virtual servers.Where the VPS has limitations on bandwidth and data transfers, cloud hosting usually does not. Cloud hosting is also considered the new, more modern solution to hosting web apps and online businesses, given the efficiencies and advantages.
With VPS Hosting you’ll still be sharing one physical server, but each user gets a specified set of resources, meaning that other websites on the same server won’t affect you, unlike with shared hosting. VPS hosting provides a dedicated virtual partition for each user, making sure resources are always available to you. Of course, VPS comes at a higher price than shared hosting. VPS hosting is a step up, and ideal for small businesses, online stores, and larger personal sites. You’ll see an increase in features, security and performance, all for a very reasonable rise in cost.
|HOSTENS||Storage VPS - Small||0.5 GB||1||256 GB||2000 GB||$ 1.20 /pm|
|HOSTENS||Container VPS - Small||2 GB||1||20 GB||2000 GB||$ 1.20 /pm|
|HOSTENS||Linux VPS - Small||2 GB||1||20 GB||4000 GB||$ 1.80 /pm|
|HOSTENS||Container VPS - Medium||4 GB||1||40 GB||4000 GB||$ 2.40 /pm|
|HOSTENS||Storage VPS - Medium||1 GB||1||512 GB||4000 GB||$ 2.40 /pm|
|HOSTENS||Linux VPS - Medium||4 GB||1||40 GB||8000 GB||$ 3.60 /pm|
|HOSTINGER||VPS 1||1 GB||1||20 GB||1000 GB||$ 3.95 /pm|
|KNOWNHOST||Entry||1 GB||1||20 GB||1000 GB||$ 4.25 /pm|
|TURNKEYINTERNET||Custom Cloud VPS||1 GB||1||5 GB||-3 GB||$ 4.49 /pm|
|HOSTENS||Windows VPS - Small||2 GB||1||40 GB||4000 GB||$ 4.50 /pm|